For next years retreats we are changing the way the booking process works from the current ‘first-come, first-served’ system to a ‘lottery’ based system
How the booking process will work
- Each retreat will open for booking 6 months before it’s start date.
- Anyone booking during the first 24 hours it’s open will have their application added to a pool.
- After 24 hours, the system will randomly allocate the retreat places to those in the pool.
- They will then receive an email informing them whether they have a place on the retreat or have been added to the waiting list.
- Retreatants should hear whether or not they have got a place within a couple of days of the retreat opening.
- Anyone booking after this will be added to the waiting list.
Why are we making this change?
- To extend the time available to fill in the booking form :-
- Allowing more time to complete important information about health, meditation experience and dietary requirements.
- Reducing errors caused by pressure on the servers with everyone rushing to book the minute the retreat opens.
- It’s fairer to those who are slower typing or take the time to fill in all the information we request.
- It’s fairer to those who do not have access to a computer when the retreat opens (e.g. travelling home from work) or those booking from abroad where the opening time may be in the middle of the night.
Please also note: we now expect the new retreats programme for 2020 to appear in the calendar in early October