Many lay supporters ask what the monastery’s specific needs are, so they can offer requisites to the Amaravati community. The list below indicates the items needed by the community and is updated regularly . Should you wish to check on what items are most needed at any particular time, you can also contact Amaravati by email, using the form on the contact page.
Please note that in an effort to support environmental concerns we would like to ask monastery supporters not to bring bottled water.
Thank you for your kind support.
Dana List for June 2018
- Fresh & Frozen Vegetables
- Fruits & Salad
- Tinned Beans (not Baked Beans)
- Dry Beans (Chickpeas and Lentils)
- Muesli & Cornflakes
- Brown Rice
- Vegetable Oil
- Light Soy Sauce
- Descaler (for kettles, etc.)
- Lime Scale Prevention Tablets for Washing Machines
- Disposable toilet seat covers
- £1.25 stamps for EU or higher value
- A4 Printing Paper (80gm)
Amaravati Retreat Centre
Please see the support section of the Retreat Centre.
We currently have plenty of
- Black Tea
- Instant Coffee
- Glass cleaner
- Cream cleaner
- Washing-up Liquid